The SM57 has an extremely effective cardioid pickup pattern that isolates the main sound source while minimizing background noise. In the studio, it is excellent for recording drums, guitar, and woodwinds.
Outstanding performance, reliability, and application diversity make this "workhorse" the choice of performers, producers, and sound engineers worldwide.
* Contoured frequency response for clean, instrumental reproduction and rich vocal pickup
* Professional-quality reproduction for drum, percussion, and instrument amplifier miking
* Uniform cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source while reducing background noise
* Pneumatic shock-mount system cuts down handling noise
* Extremely durable under the heaviest use
* Frequency response: 40 to 15,000 Hz